BROADCASTING COMPLAINTS COMMISION OF SOUTH AFRICA (BCCSA)
Fine Music Radio has signed a Code of Conduct that is enforced by the BROADCASTING COMPLAINTS COMMISSION OF SOUTH AFRICA (BCCSA).
In terms of the Code, we are obliged to:
REPORT news that is accurate; comment that is fair and balanced, content that does not amount to hate speech, that is not harmful to children and provide verbal and/or a written age restriction and warning where required.
If you are of the opinion that we have potentially contravened the Online Code of Conduct you may inform the BCCSA.
• Direct complaints to the Registrar via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or post your complaint to BCCSA, PO Box 412365, Craighall, 2024. Please visit www.bccsa.co.za for more information.
The Protection of Personal Information Act
Fine Music Radio is a community radio station. We use your data to benefit you in two ways. Having your data allows us to communicate with each other and it helps us make FMR more relevant to you.
You should know that we are committed to ensure that your personal, private data stays safe and secure. This is our privacy promise to you.
What our privacy promise says:
Our privacy promise covers how we treat your data and puts you in control of what happens to your data. We promise transparency, choice and trust.
We will always explain clearly what data we are collecting about you and why. We will only collect and hold data we need to:
- give you a better experience
- improve our services
- fulfil our responsibilities as a community radio station
You have the right to access the information FMR holds about you.
It’s up to you how you use our services and you can request that we delete and/or destroy your personal information held by us, at any time. Because we are a community service, we want to help you make informed decisions about your data, so you can get the best from FMR.
What type of information do we collect and hold? In our interactions with you, we may collect and hold any of the following information about you:
- Your date of birth and/or age
- Email address, telephone number and/or physical address (place of work /residence)
- What gender you identify as
- We may automatically store your IP address
- Correspondence between us
- Any other information that you voluntarily share with FMR in communication with us
We may use some of your personal information to provide our services, provide recommendations to you on things you may like, to communicate with you and to personalise parts of the FMR broadcasts to your tastes.
We will always ask your permission to communicate with you and in particular to receive news, newsletters and our monthly Opus newsletter for our members.
We might also share your information when necessary to provide a service that you have requested (for example, we may use a third party to send our email newsletters or to deliver prizes to you). We will also share your information if we are required to do so under South African Law.
Retention of your personal information
FMR will take steps to ensure that your personal information is not retained for any longer than is necessary for achieving the purpose for which the information was collected. We may however retain your personal information in one or more of the following circumstances:
- When required by law;
- When reasonably required by FMR for lawful purposes related to FMR’s functions or activities
- When required by a contract between the parties
- When you have consented
FMR will respect and use your information in a transparent fashion, as directed by you to maintain trust.
Competitions and Promotions
- These are Fine Music Radio’s terms and conditions (“rules”) as apply to all of our competitions, prize draws promotions and giveaways (“competitions”) which we may run, whether on our website(s), social media platform(s), on-air or otherwise.
- These rules are subject to amendment from time to time.
- The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into with participants.
- Each competition will have its own specific conditions and rules, however these general rules will always apply.
- Fine Music Radio will not be held responsible for any charges or costs incurred while participating in our competitions.
- If we do not receive an entry for any reason, we cannot be held responsible. We cannot guarantee entries which are mis-spelt, corrupted or ineligible and accept no responsibility in that regard. We reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition or amend these rules without notice.
- When entering a competition you must provide us with your full real name. We may publish your name, nearest geographical location and other details and by entering our competition you consent hereto. If you do not want your real name and any other detail to be disclosed to the wider public, please let us know expressly in advance. If you fail to provide us with your real name, you may be disqualified, in our discretion, and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the competition or withdraw the prize and select another winner, as applicable.
- Our employees, volunteers, agencies, freelancers, contractors (and those of any of our competition partners, associated companies or prize providers) and their immediate family members or households (whether related or not), and anyone else professionally involved with the relevant competition, are excluded from entering any and all of our competitions.
- If you are ineligible to take part (e.g. because of age restrictions or previous exclusions), your entry cannot be transferred to anyone else.
- When a competition is open to individuals younger than 18 (eighteen), the age requirements for the competition will be specified in the specific rules for that competition. We reserve the right to request parental or guardian permission a participant that is a minor to enter and may require a release form to be signed.
- Certain competitions may have additional eligibility requirements, for example, they may be restricted to certain areas in the Western Cape.
- Where a competition prize involves attendance at or tickets to an event, you acknowledge that we are not liable or responsible if you fail to attend the event for any reason. If the event is cancelled or rescheduled, we will either secure tickets for the winner to attend the re-scheduled event if practical (the date and time will be decided solely between us and the prize provider) or, in our discretion, provide an alternative prize.
- Unless otherwise specified in the specific rules, you may only enter a particular competition once or vote once (where voting is applicable).
- SMS messages are charged at standard rates.
- By entering this competition, a participant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these rules, terms and conditions.
- If you win a prize we will notify you, you then have 30 (thirty) days to respond to us, otherwise your prize may be withdrawn.
- Your entry or participation in a competition and the receipt and/or participation in a prize event is at your own risk. If the competition or prize requires that you undertake any physical activity please ensure, before entering the competition, that you are in good health. We are indemnified against any harm caused and loss suffered as a result of your receipt and/or or use of and/or participation in any prize or prize event.
- When entering a competition, sending a voice note, sms, or whatsapp to the on-air studio, there is no guarantee that the presenter will respond to this on air. Our mandate is to play 90% Music and 10% talk. This means we must limit on-air banter.
- All queries can be submitted via the station contact form.